Meet our Candidates
On behalf of the members of the South Carolina Constitution Party, I want to invite you to join us. It is the very best investment you can make to help get our country back on track. Here’s our plan, step by step, to reach our goal of changing a failed, corrupted civil government policy back to a Constitutional policy.
Recognize that Democrats and Republicans have not represented the people of America in years, are still sold out to the special interests, and are not going to change even now.
There is plenty of voter dissatisfaction and disillusionment out there. Voters understand that just two of the many suicidal “status quo” policies are sinking our nation: They are, (1) the welfare system, and (2) open borders, and there are many more issues. Both Republicans and Democrats have supported lots of suicidal policies for years.
1. To achieve positive change, we need to replace most elected officials with citizens whose votes are not for sale and who are willing to stand up against the “status quo”.
2. Until we elect such leaders to office, policy change is all but impossible. Major parties don’t support such leaders. Just look at how the Republicans treated Ron Paul. Also, if SC Republicans had voted in the last election for the very conservative Democratic Senatorial candidate, Bob Conley, we wouldn’t have Senator Lindsey Graham now. Sadly, too many Republicans and Democrats put their party before their country.
3. The Constitution Party supported Bob Conley because he advocated better policies than did Senator Graham. We exist to elect good citizens to public office, and they don’t have to be just our party members. We can put you on the ballot.
4. We should no longer waste our time in futile attempts trying to persuade disinterested politicians to do the right thing. We should spend that time helping good people get elected to office, or, to at least get a significant share of the votes. Even 10% of the vote is enough “heat” to make a politician see the “light”. Politicians can count votes!
5. Now, we can begin to change policy. With more people on the ballot, the incumbent politician risks losing, even if we don’t win. Either way, we move toward better policy.
6. We must overcome the special interest’s floods of cash which literally buys the vote. With some work, we can generate more votes than they can buy! How?
7. First, we attend party meetings where we are briefed on party re-organization, strategy and on the issues of the election. Many people learn for the first time, what the truth is behind seemingly innocent legislation. For example, did you know that Congressman Bob Inglis, has for years, voted to fund abortions and also the distribution of free birth control medications to minors, even over the objection of their parents?
What will it take to change this corrupt system that we have now? Your involvement! If you are not yet involved, how much more loss of your freedom, loss of your standard of living, loss of your property to a corrupt government, will it take for you to get involved?
Still unconvinced? Can you name one SC Republican leader who opposed John McCain? No, they were all in the McCain camp, just one big happy group, supporting McCain’s policies of amnesty, open borders, prison for Ramos and Campean, the Patriot Act, all the trade agreements and financial gangsters that are now destroying the dollar and changing America into a third world nation. They wouldn’t even consider a better presidential candidate because their political party was, and still is, more important to them than preserving our country.
Many people voted for the lesser of two evils all these years, hoping that the Republicans would keep us from committing national suicide, but it didn’t work. Republican out of control spending and excesses wrecked us long before Obama got control. You were told that you couldn’t win by voting for third party candidates. Well, you couldn’t win by voting for Republicans or Democrats either! And, there are spiritual reasons to consider.
I believe that we, as heirs and stewards of a God given representative government, have a duty to work to restore honesty and virtue to our land. Please help us defeat our political prostitutes and dismantle their corrupt programs. Stand with us for Constitutional government; vote for what you believe in; and work for what is right, the results are up to God.
Please join and support the Constitution Party now. Go to our website www.scconstitutionparty.com and download and complete your application form or renewal. Write a check for $25, ($40 for a couple), payable to SC Constitution Party and mail it to:
PO Box 1757, Taylors, SC 29687. Please include your contact information.
You’ll get a welcome phone call and information about the next meeting. Thank you for your investment of time, money and effort in regaining our country.
Ted Adams, Chairman